The Ultrastar Data102 storage platform is a key element of next-generation
disaggregated storage and Software-Defined Storage (SDS) systems, delivering high density and the flexibility
to balance performance with cost.
The Ultrastar Data102 provides up to 2PB1 of raw
storage using 20TB CMR HDDs in a compact and efficient form factor. Western Digital
HelioSeal® drives ensure cool running, quiet operation and high reliability.
- Up to 102 Ultrastar HDDs (SAS or SATA)
- Up to 2PB1 of raw capacity in 4U
- Up to 4 units may be daisy-chained for a total raw capacity of 8.1PB
- Dual-port SAS for high availability or single-port SATA for low cost
- 4 rack units height, 1047mm depth
- Up to 12 x 12Gb/s SAS3 host connections
- Enterprise-grade redundant and hot-swappable PSUs, IO Modules and fans
- Innovative IsoVibe technology ensures maximum performance even in heavy workloads
- Improved cooling from innovative ArcticFlow technology
- Rack-mounted top cover for quick and easy service
Resource Manager Standard Edition is an in-band monitoring
and management application for Western Digital hybrid
storage platforms. It runs on the host operating system
(Windows® or Linux®), using a RESTful interface to present
a real-time status of the platform's storage health and
management controls to the browser in the form of an intuitive GUI.
- Multiple JBOD support
- Multiple Broadcom® MegaRAID® or HBA support*
- Virtual presence view with components & sensor status
- Drive monitoring & LED management
- Zoning configuration (custom & predefined)
- Alerts & notifications
* Only supported Broadcom MegaRAID controllers or HBAs.
Available Parts Replacement Offerings
Choose a Replacement Option to Match Your Business Needs
Your data is important – it’s required to run your business. When parts inside your
storage platforms fail, it’s critical to get them replaced without affecting your business.
Additionally, downtime can be costly. Government and regulatory requirements can
make returning a storage device for warranty replacement difficult to manage. To help
you mitigate these business challenges, Western Digital offers two part replacement
options for purchase to complement Standard Warranty:
Advanced Replacement Option (ARO) – Upon a customer requesting a part
replacement, Western Digital will ship the replacement part in advance of the
defective part being returned. Customer then has 30 days from receipt of the
replacement part to return the defective part.
Non-Return Option (NRO) – By providing a certificate of destruction, in lieu of
the physical return of the hard disk drive or SSD, the customer can dispose of the
replaced drives instead of returning them per standard warranty terms.
Download Service Brief
- Advanced-replacement option enables customers to rapidly recover from outages and minimize downtime
- Non-Return Option simplifies management of drives that may contain data subject to government and regulatory requirements
- Available for purchase at the same time as covered products are purchased
- Effective for the duration of the warranty period
1 As used for storage capacity, 1GB = 1 billion bytes, 1TB = 1 trillion bytes, and 1PB = 1 quadrillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.